In the past, it was presumed that toilet paper rolls should be replaced on a regular basis, however, because of increased consumption of toilet paper and stricter environmental standards, toilet paper companies have started making their rolls longer.
As a result, the length of toilet paper rolls has increased up to ten times as much in some cases. The length of these long rolls is now so long that they can last for a very long time. Some toilet paper companies are now making their brand of toilet paper ultra-long.
How Long is a Toilet Paper Roll?
It depends on what type of toilet paper you have. Most toilet papers are sold in standard rolls; these come in lengths of 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 inches but can also be bought in longer lengths. Standard rolls generally cost about $0.50 per roll and longer ones cost more.
Rolls with a shorter length contain less total paper than rolls that are longer but the length is made up for by its superior width. This longer width allows for wider and less wasteful usage, making it a better deal than the shorter-sized ones.
An average roll of toilet paper is 4 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide and will usually last you anywhere from 2 to 12 days, depending on how much paper you use. The standard number of sheets per roll is 4500 sheets. This means a 36-inch roll will hold approximately 320 sheets while a 60 inch one will hold about 280 sheets.
The length of a toilet paper roll is not as important as how much paper you are using all at once. This is an important factor to consider when buying a roll because the number of sheets you use in one sitting will also affect how quickly a roll will run out.
If you only use about 100 sheets per day, you will be able to get by with a shorter 36-inch roll. But if you go through more than that, it’s best to opt for the 60-inch ones which can last up to 2 weeks! You could even stretch that further if you’re willing to air dry after using the bathroom so as not to waste any more toilet paper than necessary.
What determines the size of toilet paper?
The size of the roll has to do with the type of toilet paper that you purchase. Most brands, such as Charmin, have 12″ inch rolls. These are made for households to use in public restrooms like those in a hotel or at work. Many people look for these when traveling.
However, if you need smaller rolls for your home or office, there is a product called “home roll”. It is designed for individual use and can be placed on top of the wastebasket which is placed under the toilet tank in your bathroom.
The size of an average roll of toilet paper depends on its manufacturing process and how many sheets are used by an average person per day.
For example, you could use a few sheets per day or you could use up to 12 sheets each time. However, most brands of toilet papers have 48 total sheets per roll and they are sold in multiples of that number.
For example, if you purchase a 24 pack of toilet paper rolls and there are 48 sheets in each pack, then there will be 96 total sheets per box. This should last 2 to 3 weeks for the average person or about one month for someone who uses up to 12 sheets at a time.
How to measure the right size of a toilet paper
You need to measure the length of the roll you would like to buy. For most people, a roll contains 454 sheets. That means you can divide the length of your toilet paper into 48 multiple times and this would be the number of rolls that you will need.
If you want to have a much longer paper tube you may want to buy several rolls or ask your local store for pre-cut toilet paper. you can also use a tape measure but it’s best if you just try and see what works for your family. Here are some pointers that should help:
- If you don’t like having too much toilet paper, then get smaller rolls. The best way to measure the roll size is to see if you can fit 5 rolls in the space of one roll normally.
- Consider your toilet’s size and width. You might need two or three times as many sheets as you think because not all people use identical amounts of toilet paper which they spend time deciding on each time.
- If you want to buy a bigger number of rolls, consider getting an extra roll from your neighbor and then taking it home. You can put it under the sink or in a closet for future use. Alternatively, buy an extra roll and take it to work with you next time you go in order to cut down on trips back home every time you run out of paper.
- If you are a heavy user of toilet paper, consider getting an extra roll for the day. You can keep it in the bathroom and just use it before you go to bed or carry it with you when going to sleep so you don’t forget it next time.
- Use a lot of toilet paper and then replace some each day, instead of buying one big pack of 12 rolls at a time. – Think about where you want your toilet paper to go when not in use because your high usage might mean that these larger rolls will only last 2 weeks if they go unused. Then, these large rolls can take up space in the bathroom or storage unit that could be used for something else.
How wide is a roll of toilet paper?
A toilet paper roll is usually about 4 inches in width(10 cm). When you see a roll of toilet paper, this is the measurement that you will be looking at.
However, this does not mean that all rolls are the same size and there are some exceptions to the rule. For example, a roll of Quilted Northern Ultra Plush Toilet Tissue contains two separate rolls that are both 4 inches in width.
The paper itself is 2-ply or 2 layers of paper and it does not break down easily when wet. This gives it extra strength to prevent the toilet paper from ripping when you are using it.
The widest rolls of toilet paper actually come from a company called Angel Soft which is an independent subsidiary of Kimberly Clark Corporation.
The toilet paper rolls that come from the Angel Soft brand are 5.5 inches in width. The rest of the toilet paper companies use 2-ply rolls that have a few different sizes depending on the manufacturer.
Generally, these brands will be between 4 inches and 5.5 inches in width, but there are some exceptions. You may not know this, but there are more different types of toilet paper than you think! There is bathroom tissue, facial tissue, baby wipes and even feminine hygiene products among others.
Arthur C. Jackson is the resident handyman and toilet expert for BestToiletGuides.com. Drawing from his experience, Arthur’s writing tends to focus on helping consumers find the best deals for their bathroom products and helping inform homeowners of simple DIY toilet fixes to save them money.